We offer a range of services with a primary focus on understanding our clients business. We believe that compliance without understanding business is an artificial process, without understanding a business, how it functions, the people and processes within a business, risks cannot be truly understood or managed effectively. Praesidium’s approach is to provide a full range business advisory practice integrating compliance and risk management into commercial operations- transferring regulatory risk into commercial risk, the latter in turn promoting a greater compliance culture within an organization.
Our service offering covers various financial sectors, including specialism in funds and Islamic finance as well as supporting general business operations both regulated and non-regulated commercial operations.
Leading New Initiatives
The core team has been at the forefront of a number of initiatives, willing to consider the benefits of change in the industry and compliance, Praesidium leads on new initiatives including:
- Licensing the first Category 5 operation in the DIFC;
- Facilitating the growth of the DIFC funds sector, including testing various legal forms in the DIFC;
- Advising on the first DIFC QIF;
- Coordinating Islamic finance initiatives both within a wholly Sharia compliant structure and Islamic Window;
- Advising on the implementation of Islamic finance within secular financial systems;
- Focusing on enhancing the viability of investments into genuine and appropriately organized Digital Assets (Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies, Blockchain and related technology) within the regulated financial services industry;
- Advising on and developing an online KYC and AML process for a digital wallet;
- Assisting with the 1st application of the Dubai Lands Department and DIFC MOU for Real Estate investments via DIFC vehicles;